- Learn how 10 million gallons of wastewater is treated daily—either purified and recycled to irrigate green spaces or safely cleaned and pumped into San Francisco Bay.
- See your utility dollars in action.
- Find out about rewarding careers in the water industry.
- Gain new appreciation for the infrastructure we count on every time we flush.
Schedule and Tour Request Form
Public tours are held quarterly, on the second Wednesday of January and April at 1 p.m. and July and October at 9:30 a.m. Wastewater operators conduct the tours at our regional facility located at 7399 Johnson Dr., Pleasanton. The tour lasts 60 to 90 minutes. The October quarterly tour has been cancelled due to major construction projects at the facility.
Special tours can be scheduled at other times for groups of six or more if staff is available. Special tours must be scheduled a minimum of three weeks in advance. We try to accommodate the needs, interests, and ages of our visitors.
- 4th-6th grade (10-12 years old): 1 adult per 7 students
- 7th-12th grade (12-18 years old): 1 adult per 10 students
Reservations are required for all tours. Download a tour request form.
For more information contact Administrative Assistant Beth Freeland at (925) 846-4565 or email@example.com.
|SAFETY INFORMATION: Guests should wear a full shoe that covers the whole foot – sturdy walking shoes, athletic shoes, or flats. Do not wear sandals, heels, open-toe or open-heel shoes. Please dress appropriately to walk, climb steps, and be outside in the sun or wind. The tour involves at least an hour of walking and standing. No children under age 10.|