During an emergency, DSRSD provides information and instructions about water and sewer services via:
- Public Information Hotline: (925) 551-7230, extension 2171 (recorded information)
- Twitter: @DSRSDnews
- Nextdoor.com neighborhoods in our service area (you must have a Nextdoor account to see our posts)
- Facebook: Dublin San Ramon Services District - DSRSD
- News releases to Tri-Valley media: KKIQ radio (FM 101.7), East Bay Times, Pleasanton Weekly, DanvilleSanRamon.com, The Independent, Dublin Patch, San Ramon Patch, Pleasanton Patch, and Bay Area radio and TV stations
- Door hangers and/or door-to-door canvassing by uniformed staff in affected neighborhoods
- News briefings by Emergency Operations Center staff
Store Water for Emergencies
Natural disasters or man-made crises can interrupt water and sewer service without warning. Every family should prepare to be largely self-sufficient for up to two weeks. It is crucial to store water for emergencies.
What Will DSRSD Be Doing to Restore Service?
Ensuring a safe and reliable water supply to our customers is vital. In an emergency, the District works to:
- Minimize negative impacts on public health and employee safety
- Rapidly restore water service after an emergency
- Ensure adequate water supply for fire suppression
- Ensure wastewater service for the service area
- Minimize water and wastewater system damage
- Minimize impact and loss to customers
The District uses an Emergency Response Plan to react in an organized way to emergency situations. We coordinate with other agencies to ensure we have adequate resources to manage an emergency. The District also stays prepared by participating in emergency drills with local and regional agencies in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.