The District has designed its compensation to attract and retain high-performing, highly qualified employees while protecting the financial interests of the District and its ratepayers.
In accordance with State law the District sets wages and benefits for most of its workforce after negotiating and reaching agreement on multi-year Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with its four bargaining units:
- Stationary Engineers Local 39 (Local 39)
- Professional Employees Bargaining Unit (PEBU)
- Confidential Employees Bargaining Unit (CEBU)
- Mid-Management Employees Bargaining Unit (MEBU)
The District's General Manager and Senior Managers are not represented by a bargaining unit and are considered at-will employees who have individual Personal Service Agreements (PSAs) approved by the Board of Directors.
- Personal Service Agreement - General Manager
- Personal Service Agreement - Administrative Services Manager
- Personal Service Agreement - Operations Manager
- Personal Service Agreement - Engineering Services Manager
The documents below describe current benefits: